Tuesday 23 July 2013

Things I've Made

Things I've Made

 

"Mathilde Blouse" - Tilly and the Buttons


I ADORE this pattern! Honestly, I am completely fan-girling over it! I have made it in four different forms already - and I am in no way finished! You can read more about these creations here.

 
 
 





 
 
 
"Elephant Dress"- New Look 6968 (view B)



 
 
 
 
 

 

"Tea Dress" - Great British Sewing Bee


 
I bought the GBSB book as soon as it came on sale and, being a sucker for a dress, was instantly drawn to the beautiful tea dress. I made a couple of changes, most notably by gathering the dress at the neckline - I hadn't planned to do this in advance, but my shoulders are quite narrow and I found that the standard pattern sat too close to the edge of my shoulders. I have found that I need to wear a belt with the dress, as it's quite unflattering on me without it!
 
 
 

 
"Shirt Dress" - Burda 7179
 
AKA, the nightmare collar dress! Maybe its just me, but the process of making this collar almost reduced me to tears! After a lot of stitching, unpicking, re-stitching, more unpicking, and a whole loada coffee, I have to say, I'm pretty proud of it!

 
 

 "Strawberry Bow" - A mixture of New Look 6106 view B (skirt), New Look 6968 view A (bodice) and a pair of scissors!

This dress was a bit of an experiment, as I mixed a skirt pattern, with a dress pattern, to make a unique garment! I also cut out a section in the back and added a bow to add an interesting feature - I was really influenced by the pictures in the collage below. A few alterations were needed to improve the fit, but over all, I am really pleased with this dress!

 
 
 
 
"Spotty Pencil Skirt" - New Look 6103

 
 
 
Miette Skirt - Tilly and the Buttons

I loved this so much I have written a whole other post about it!

 
 
 
 
 "Soft Furnishings"

Some cushions and blinds I have made for the home.







Itty Bitty Baby Dress - Made by Rae

It's just such a cute pattern!! Every girl needs a pretty dress collection, so it might as well start early with a homemade one!




 



 
 
 


3 comments:

  1. You are one creative lady! I'm loving your blog!!! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Larissa. That's really kind of you!

      Delete
  2. Hello, don't know if you still use this but I'm in desperate need of some help with the bursa 7179 collar! If you can help me any, I would really appreciate it if you could give me some advice before I give up on it! Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete