Friday 7 February 2014

My Home Sewn Week - Friday

It's Friiiiiidaaaaaay!!!

I have no idea where this week has gone, I don't know about anyone else, but it seems like only yesterday I was cramped into a confined space on a Monday morning train, bashing my shin on a folded bike....no? Just me?

OK, so no home sewn challenge could possibly be complete for me, without the presence of one of my four Mathilde styles, so, roll on the Mathilde dress!



I don't know if there is much more I can say about this dress that hasn't already been said in my previous post, but I absolutely adore Tilly's pattern, and take any opportunity I can to wear this dress! I have worn it to the cinema, to a wedding, to a Christmas meal and to work, and each time I wear this dress, I love it more, from the sweet pleats to the quirky buttons down the back and even the full sleeves - Tilly dun' good here!




Today I've teamed the dress with some thick black tights, light tan brogue boots, a big fat chunky cardie (I would live in this if that wasn't so impractical and unhygienic) and a brown belt to cinch it in a bit at the waist.




I've said it before and I'll say it again, I really, really recommend adapting a sewing pattern if there is one you love. Experimenting leads to so many new possibilities, and I love pinching a bodice pattern from one dress and stitching it onto the skirt pattern of another to create something completely new and original to me - it really is quite cool knowing that no one else out there in the world is wearing exactly what you are! Plus, if, like me, pattern cutting is something you haven't quite mastered yet and you merely look on enviously at others who clip and grade, this approach is perfect for you!

Enjoy the rest of your Friday!

Em x

No comments:

Post a Comment