Tuesday 4 February 2014

My Home Sewn Week - Tuesday

Hi everyone, its the second day of my week of homesewn blogging!

Now, like most people, I have a lot of things to be thankful to my dad for, and today in particular, I am extra thankful to him for retiring at the end of last year, because now, his old work shirts have found their way in to my sewing box, hurrah!

I really love the versatility of a simple button down blouse, so an easy refashion of one of dad's old shirts was an obvious choice! 




I foolishly didn't take a 'before' shot, in case all went hideously wrong and I destroyed a perfectly decent shirt and it was captured on camera, but I think it's easy enough to see how I altered a standard mens shirt into a feminine blouse by removing the sleeves and collar. I then made a simple neck binding with fabric from the sleeves. 

Today I teamed the blouse with a mustard skirt and chunky necklace for a work day, then for the weekend I'll wear it with a pair of jeans...a staple wardrobe essential for the whole year round!



See you tomorrow!

Em x

No comments:

Post a Comment